The Muru Project
Playwriting Australia in partnership with Moogahlin Performing Arts, supported by City of Sydney and Arts NSW, are proud to present in 2016 ‘The Muru Project’, an initiative aimed at new plays to be created, produced and performed by First Peoples for First Peoples of this Great South Land.
The Muru Project provides a pathway to the First Nations community of Sydney to engage in storytelling and playwriting. An introductory workshop was provided in May, which gathered a group of very curious and deadly serious writers. We are now moving toward the second in our path, ‘The Muru Project: A writing Salon’.
The Muru Salon will:
– provide time, space and creative expertise to writers as they turn their ideas into a playscript.
– provide support and guidance from established playwrights.
– provide a unique opportunity to professionally develop your artistic life
If you are:
– a writer who has been wrestling with an idea for a play and in need of guidance,
– establishing your passion for playwriting and are looking for more grounding in the craft,
– serious about rendering the full potential of your play,
then The Muru Salon is the room you need to be in.
How to apply
We invite submissions of unproduced drafts of plays at any stage of their development. The following information will be requested to complete your application:
- Contact details and demographic information
- Two copies of your script uploaded, including one ‘clean’ copy
- Play synopsis (max 250 words)
- Development Notes (between 500 – 1000 words)
- Additional Info – your bio and any creatives attached to the project.
Applications Due: 5pm Sunday 9th October
If you have any questions about your application, please email email@example.com before the closing date.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Please apply online when possible. All applications must be submitted no later than 5pm on the closing date.
Download and fill out the PDF Application Form.
Mail it along with all the relevant attachments to: Playwriting Australia Level 3, 10 Hickson Road Sydney NSW 2000
Mailed applications must be post-marked on or before the closing date.
More info Read more advice for playwrights applying to Playwriting Australia.