Playwriting Australia is seeking an exceptional artist to help deliver our rapidly growing program.
The Associate Artist will work across all of Playwriting Australia’s activities, including the National Script Workshop, PWA Lab, National Play Festival, Chain Play, our diversity and outreach programs, dramaturgy internships, artist residencies and script development.
We’re looking for an artist with a strong pedigree in developing new writing, a passion for collaborating with playwrights and excellent dramaturgical skills. You’ll be part of the senior management of the company, with a strong input in strategic and program planning.
The Associate Artist’s responsibilities include:
- Involvement in Playwriting Australia’s planning, programming and initiatives, across all departments
- Reading and assessing plays submitted to Playwriting Australia’s programs
- Working dramaturgically with playwrights at every experience level
- Assisting with program delivery including casting and creatives
This is a part-time role based in our offices in Sydney. The key responsibilities and selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close Monday 30 June 2014, COB.
If you are interested in the position and would like to know more, please contact Tim Roseman for an informal chat, email email@example.com.
How to apply
Download the full Position Description
Associate Artist Position Description (PDF)
To apply for this position you are required to submit the following information:
- your CV/resume,
- a covering letter or statement, to a maximum of 2 pages, including specific responses to the required and desirable Selection Criteria.
- contact details for at least two professional referees.
Forward your complete application to:
Amanda Macri, General Manager by 5pm Monday 30 June 2014
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Playwriting Australia
PO Box 3035, Redfern NSW 2016