Playwriting Australia is the national new play development company. It:
- seeks unparalleled talent and connects it with opportunity
- commits space, time and support for the expression of ideas, creation and craft
- unearths new voices
- creates a legacy of extraordinary Australian stories
- aims tochange the make‐up of Australian new writing within a generation.
Due to an internal staffing restructure, the new position of Artistic Co-ordinator has been created. It will focus on delivery of our artistic programs in conjunction with our artistic staff, and project, marketing and office management with the General Manager. With secure multi-year funding in place until 2019/20, the position will be an integral part of a small team committed to changing the make-up of Australian theatre.
The role is a full time, 38 hours pw, position based in our Sydney office. A 2 year contract is offered subject to the satisfactory completion of a three month probation period. A contribution towards relocation expenses will be offered to a successful non-Sydney based applicant.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send an application that includes:
– a one page cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role
– your current CV with a minimum of two referees
– a max. of two pages addressing the five key selection criteria here.
To: Atul Joshi, General Manager, Playwriting Australia
Level 3, 10 Hickson Road, The Rocks, NSW 2000 or via email email@example.com
By: 5pm, Friday 9 December, 2016
Please email any inquiries to Atul Joshi, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-82740907
We anticipate interviewing in Sydney in the week of 19 December and to commence the successful candidate mid/late January 2017.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from Indigenous or CALD backgrounds.
SELECTION CRITERIA – PLEASE ADDRESS THESE KEY POINTS IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of theatre in Australia, particularly new writing for the stage;
- An undergraduate degree and 2-years professional experience in administration and/or producing role, within the arts sector;
- Experience with the successful delivery of projects and/or events;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- High level communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small team.